1834 Jun 14. Death on May 23, John Blake Davis, aged 1 year and 8 months, third son of Mr Abraham Davis, of Kenn.


1837 In the matter of the difference between the parishioners of Keynsham and Kenn, concerning the settling of one Jane Buishopp; it was ordered that she shall remayne and continue at Kainsham where she is now is; there to be settled without any further disturbances by the said parish of Kaynshem.


1870 Oct 29. Marriage on Oct 23 at Bedminster church, John eldest son of Mr William Hardwick, of the Blue anchor, Ham Green, to the third daughter of Mr James Blake, of Kenn, Somerset.


1873 Apr 5. John James of Kenn was summoned, for non-payment of poor rates, and an order for payment with costs was issued.


1883 Aug 27. William Lock of Keen, was fined 10s and Frank Baker of Clevedon 5s 6d for violently beating donkeys with sticks. Great complaints are being made as to this cruelty to donkeys at Clevedon.


1883 Aug 27. William Havard of Keen, was fined for allowing his donkey to be worked in an unfit state.


1892 Sep 16. Delightful weather favoured the harvest festival at Kenn on Wednesday. The celebrations commenced on Sunday with a special Church service, conducted by the Rev. R T Still. On Wednesday a special service was held in the afternoon, the vicar preaching a suitable sermon. The decorations were carried out by the following ladies; Mrs still, Mrs C Staples, Mrs J James, Mrs H Rawlings, Mrs Johnson, Miss Wallis, Miss E Dyer, Miss L Fry, Miss Bazell, Miss Stuckey and Miss Ware. Several floral arches were erected in the village—one at the churchyard gate being the work on Mr and Mrs C Staples, another at the Crossways being by Messrs Dyer, Kenn Court. Three others were erected by the Decoration Committee, of which Mr J James was chairman. At the entrance to the meadow, kindly lent by Mr J J Stuckey, that gentleman had erected a handsome arch bearing words of welcome to visitors.

Tea was provided in a large marquee, by Mr Marks, Clevedon, and a large number sat down. The band of the 1st Gloucestershire artillery Volunteers played some capital music at intervals, and subsequently led the dancing in the same marquee.

The committee consisted of the following gentlemen; The Rev. R T Still, J J Stuckey, G Dyer, W Dyer, F Dyer, H Rawlings, A H Hollyman with Mr S Carey as hon. secretary and treasurer.


1892 Sep 24. Charles Staples and James Parsons, overseers for the parish of Kenn, were summoned for the non-payment of £26 on August 20th .  The defendants did not answer to the summons. The case was proved in their absence and the money was ordered to be paid into court at the next session.


1899 Aug 5. On Tuesday afternoon Mr S Craddock, coroner for North Somerset, held an inquiry at the Rose and Crown inn, Kenn, touching the death of the infant child of George Durston, a market gardener. Dr Hight of Weston-super-Mare, said he had made an examination of the body of the deceased, and he attributed death to suffocation at birth. The coroner having briefly reviewed the case, the jury returned a verdict in accordance with the medical evidence.


1899 Oct 21st.

The village club and reading room, started in this parish this winter, having proved fairly successful, a meeting was held in the National School-room on Wednesday evening to make arrangements for the present season. The Rev. Walter Parks, vicar presided, and there was a good attendance. The chairman presented the accounts, which showed a balance to hand of 3d.

It was mentioned that there would probably a wood carving class in connection with the club.

The Rev. Walter Parks was elected president and treasurer and Mr Hicks secretary, the following composing the committee; Messrs; H Wall, C Staples, J Richardson, T Harrison, Hayward, J James and E Blake.


1900 Feb 10th.

A very smart wedding was solemnised at the Parish church on Monday, Mr James Neads, of this parish, marrying Mrs Frances Pritchard, widow of Mr Charles Pritchard of Chew Magna.

On Monday night the death occurred in this parish. A farmer named William Avery, living at Kenn Pier with his niece, went out late on Monday afternoon, to feed certain of the flock, telling her to prepare tea against his return. He got back to the house, but fell and expired almost immediately. The deceased was upwards of eighty years of age.