wpe8b3e398.png
wp7a710c4f.png
E-Mail: mary.mason@btopenworld.com
E-Mail: mary.mason@portbury-hundred.co.uk
WebPages: www.portbury-hundred.co.uk
wp325c4bf0.png
Address;
Yeovil:
Somerset.
England.
wp612bd5f1.png
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF TEXT
These transcriptions are owned by the author and are provided free for the personal use of students, scholars and the public.
The transcriptions were created by the author and are subject to international copyright laws. With the sole exception of selected, individual entries for private personal use, copying, redistribution or re-posting of these transcriptions or any part thereof is prohibited without the written consent of the author. Any commercial use or publication of text without permission of the author is strictly prohibited.
wp229b51f2.png

wp1cf7f91f.png

wpab2f64a6.png

wpc71e980b.png

wpf9092f25.png

wpe020599a.png

wpd49bde70.png

wp0f8c8b3e.png

wp036a138a.png

wpac06fba2.png

wpbb3d03d6.png

wpf2af3ca9.png

wpb40e1d4a.png

wp5aaf86cd.png

wp89db9ff2.png
wpfa5bb4c9.png
wpd3ea7478.png
wp3b0d40fa.png

Christ Church, Pill.

Church Pictures, donated by David Yates, Pill Church Warden.

The residents of Pill used the Church of Easton-in-Gordano but eventually Pill had its own Church , Christ Church,which was built in 1860. The first baptism recorded in the Church register was  on Oct 14th 1860 and the first marriage was on Nov 25th 1861. Easton in Gordano retained the burials rights, however the Church did not have a very long existence as it was burnt down in 1941 by an incendiary bomb.

 

Click on Photo to enlarge.

 

  Pill Church Photos

                         Mary Mason.B.A.

wp1ef3e54d_0f.jpg
wp74981462_0f.jpg
wp3158bad3_0f.jpg
wpaeee34a4_0f.jpg
wp5537487f_0f.jpg

Pill’s present Church was rebuilt on the old Church foundations in 1957.

Pill old Church of Christ Church..

Old Church interior with oil lamps.

High Altar built in 1860.

Old Church interior.

wp6efae2c7_0f.jpg

 Poppies

wp0c292a93_0f.jpg
wp7341f373_0f.jpg

The East Window.

Christ Church,. Pill’s New Church.